Friday, August 17, 2007

I suspect this is what might happen if we stay in New Orleans through a future hurricane:
I'm just feeling a tad silly because choir practice started up again at my synagogue last night, and we gave the new cantor a real taste of what the characters in the choir are really like. Anybody who can endure raunchy psychologist jokes and tasteless camel jokes and still sing through the rehearsal is all right by us. Beside which, with Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur coming down the pike, we can all atone for laughing at said raunchy jokes. And I can atone for getting off on the wrong side of the bed, finding a shark costume there, and wearing it in public. Hee!

7 comments:

dangerblond said...

I noticed how you just skated right by the subject of how exactly the shark costume came to be beside the bed. I may be reading too much into it, but it would be irresponsible not to speculate.

saintseester said...

Ha ha, I was thinking the same thing. Is it there to scare away robbers? Did the kid use it for a sleeping bag? Is it kinky? What?

Leigh C. said...

Last year, I was supposed to get hold of an alien costume for an alien dress-up day at camp. I got hold of the shark instead and told all the kids that this is what can happen if they get up on the wrong side of the bed. A land shark might get ya!

I spent the rest of that day joking about the old SNL skit with the art and drama teacher: "Pizza delivery!"

This year, I donned the shark for the camp carnival, and it was a big hit. Now that y'all have made the shark sound kinda raunchy, I don't know if I wanna put it on again. Maybe I should just pass it off to you ladies, since you OBVIOUSLY know what you wanna do with it. ;-)

Cousin Pat said...

This is like the fuzzy handcuffs conversation at the last Geek Dinner. I swear.

I didn't think anything about a shark costume on the wrong side of the bed, I was just trying to figure out how far past awesome you have to go to rock a shark attack costume in public. Especially to choir practice.

+ 1 Leigh C

Leigh C. said...

I really thought people would be bugging me more about the psychologist and camel jokes...

Missy said...

:)
Okay, that just made me laugh.
Thank you so much.

Leigh C. said...

Glad to have given you that gift, honey. Hang in there!